[Peace] sponsor an Iraq Veteran Against the War to the IVAW national gathering 2008

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 21 20:34:44 CDT 2008

[Below is a note about the "Iraq Veterans Against the War" National Gathering
and a call for donations to help members attend. The IVAW National Convention
will be Thursday August 28, 2008 in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN at the Ramada
Mall of America (actually in Bloomington Minnesota)) - kem]

IVAW National Gathering

In between the political party conventions, IVAW will have its own national
gathering in conjunction with the national Veterans For Peace convention in
Minneapolis.  On the occasion of IVAW’s fourth year anniversary, over 150
members will come together to celebrate our achievements, strategize, and plan
for the future of GI resistance.  Members are travelling from across the country
to attend, and need your help. Please consider sponsoring a member’s
attendance with a donation today. https://secure.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?aid=11951

Four of these chapters are on military bases, and we expect to have four more
active duty chapters before the year ends. Many GIs are strongly against the war,
but have no outlet for their resistance, no safe space to express their views
outside of the base.  For the first time in our history as an organization, 25% of
new members are active duty troops, which tells us that enlisted GIs are
stepping up more than ever to end this war.

Thank you for your continued support,

Kelly Dougherty
Former Sergeant, Army National Guard
Executive Director