[Peace] UFPJ desires …

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Wed Dec 3 14:04:50 CST 2008

This is a list which can be incorporated into a pamphlet (intended
for distributing at One Main) stating what AWARE wants from our
federal government, soon to be led by Obama. Stuart is working on
this and would welcome comments.  --mkb

 From the UFPJ:

• We are committed to ending the illegal and immoral “pre-emptive”
wars and on-going occupations
of Iraq and Afghanistan.
• We are working to end the U.S. drive to expand its empire through
control over other nations and
their resources and the implementation of economic policies designed
to concentrate power at
home and abroad.
• We will not allow war or other aggressive acts to be carried out
against Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Cuba,
Venezuela, North Korea and other nations.
• We call on our government to renounce the use of torture and the
U.S.’ willingness to accept
violations of the Geneva Conventions and other international laws and
treaties in its so-called
Global War on Terror.
• We are standing up to the manipulation of fear and repression that
strips us of our rights at home
under the cover of fighting terrorism and spreading democracy abroad.
• We are vocal in our opposition to the suppression of voices of
dissent, the treating of immigrants as
threats and the shredding of the U.S. Constitution, all done in the
name of protecting the homeland.
• We are working to end U.S. political, economic, and military aid
fueling Israel's rise as an
unchallengeable regional military power and sustaining Israel’s
illegal occupation of the
Palestinian West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem and its denial of
equal rights to Palestinians.
• We oppose increasing U.S. military involvement anywhere in the
world, reflected in the expansion
of a massive network of military bases stretching to every corner of
the planet.