[Peace] African American Read-In / Monday at 7pm - Please Forward

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 08:20:42 CST 2008

African American Read-In

Stop by the Urbana Free Library on Monday, February 4th from 7:00 – 8:00 pm for this year's African American Read-In where you’ll hear people from the community read a brief passage from a favorite book by an African American author.  We were amazed last year at the talent of the readers and at the way these works by African American writers  continue to inspire and move people.  It was a great night, and we hope you’ll consider joining us this year, even if you need to leave early.  Please forward this along to others who'd be interested.  Thanks!

  Our confirmed readers include Abdul Alkalimat, Maryam Ar-Raheem and her granddaughters Amirah Ar-Raheem, and Aryssa Harris, Imani Bazzell, Brian Dolinar, Keran Harrington, James H. Hayes, Jr., Tyehimba Jess, Shawnicka Lucks, Maya Patterson, Clarence Shelley, Pamela Shelley, Duane Smith.