[Peace] An invitation to join WEFT-Community <weft-comm@curadio.net>

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 15 09:25:17 CST 2008

The station manager of community radio station WEFT-Champaign has
suppressed the mailing list <wefta at weft.org>.  That seems to me an
unwise decision.

Originally a list for WEFT "Associates" (a designation from WEFT's
elaborate structure of by-laws), wefta had become a widely-used
discussion list on matters relating to the station.

Several of us, with various relations to WEFT (e.g., I have been an
airshifter for 18 years and a member for more than 20), thought it a
good idea to put together a broad discussion list concerning the
station.  We're calling it "WEFT-Community" <weft-comm at curadio.net>. The
list is open to Associates,  members of WEFT (those who contribute at
least $40 annually), and anyone who's interested in what happens at
WEFT, member or not.

Posts to the list are not screened, and the archives -- at
<http://lists.curadio.net/pipermail/weft-comm-curadio.net/> -- are open.
  We naturally assume that people will observe the ordinary rules of
netiquette.

To receive postings on weft-comm and/or to post your own messages, go to
<http://lists.curadio.net/listinfo.cgi/weft-comm-curadio.net> and follow
the instructions there to subscribe.  Or you can send me a note at
<carl at newsfromneptune.com>, and I'll be glad to add your name to the
list of subscribers.

     In hopes of "an accessible, responsible, and responsive radio
     alternative serving the communities of East-Central Illinois,"

     Carl Estabrook

     ###