[Peace] "AWARE On The Air," Tuesday 10pm

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 18 21:35:05 CST 2008

AWARE's answer to "The McLaughlin Group" and "The View" can be seen Tuesday
night (2/19) at 10pm on cable channel 6:  Barbara Kessel, Mort Brussel and I
taped a half-hour of our best agit-prop at the UPTV studios this afternoon for
broadcast (cablecast) at that time.

The idea was to produce a *spontaneous and unrehearsed* account of the week's
peace work, nationally and locally. Specifically, we tried to summarize AWARE's
Sunday evening meeting under three headings: war and political news; recent
local actions; and upcoming activities.

This first program will be shown Tuesday night, owing to schedule conflicts, but
from now on the program will air Mondays at 10pm.

Comments are welcome on peace-discuss and at next Sunday's meeting -- as are
volunteers for future programs.  We have arranged with the pleasant and
efficient staff at Urbana Public Television (Kate and Jason) to do a half hour
each week -- taping at 4pm Mondays for broadcast at 10pm.

We know we won't run out of material, unfortunately.  --CGE