[Peace] updates on work in Guatemala

Peter Rohloff rohloff at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 21 20:43:09 CST 2008

Hi all, many of you might remember me from my days in AWARE some years ago before my international work took up all of my free time. I am getting ready to move on from C-U in June to a residency program in Boston after nearly a decade here in this community.

One of my great passions has been my involvement doing development work in Guatemala with indigenous Maya. Over the years, this work materialized into an NGO, Wuqu' Kawoq. We work to provide medical care and community building in indigenous languages, primarily Kaqchikel and K'iche'.

I hope you can take a few moments to familiarize yourself with our work, at www.wuqukawoq.org. Also we have a great new video commercial at www.youtube.com/wuqukawoq.

We are always looking to make connections to new providers, activists, donors, and generally good folk, and we appreciate you taking the time to look at our materials and spread the word. This is a true grass-roots efforts, with very strong roots in the Midwest, especially Champaign-Urbana and Kansas City.

Peter

Peter Rohloff, MD PhD

Executive Director, Wuqu' Kawoq S.A.
Fellow, Medical Scholars Program, UIUC

cel (Guatemala) 011-502-52435550/011-502-540018007
www.wuqukawoq.org

"strengthening Mayan language and medicine"