[Peace] Immigration Open House Thursday 2/28 6:30-8:30pm

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 26 18:37:18 CST 2008

More on this event, from a poster passed along by Mike Mulberry:

  "The Immigration Project
 Staff & Board of Directors
    invite you to an
      Open House

 Please Join us to learn about
   our programs, clients,
 and nearly two decades of service
   to Illinois' Immigrants."

  February 28, 2008
   6:30-8:30pm
  Community United Church of Christ
  805 S. Sixth St., Champaign, IL  61820"

The Immigration Project's web site is:
   http://www.immigrationproject.org/

They're based in Granite City, in southern IL.  They regularly run
Immigration Clinics, allowing clients to talk to immigration lawyers in person
in cities around the state -- e.g. they came to seven cities,
from Moline to Carbondale, in January.

"The Immigration Project is the only BIA Accredited non-profit provider of
immigration legal services located south of I-80 in Illinois.  At the present
time we provide four types of program services: Information, Counseling and
Referral; Immigration Application Support; Assistance for Immigrant Crime
Victims; and New Americans Citizenship Initiative.  We also have an Outreach
program that supports these services."

Their web site also points to their January 2008 newsletter,
which among other good stuff has summaries of comments from the
presidential candidates on immigration.