[Peace] today

Cumpston, Copenhaver cumpston at uillinois.edu
Mon Jul 7 08:46:12 CDT 2008

I was one of the people clapping on Lincoln - your float was spectacular, dignified, BIG, and a good balance to the theme of the parade. I was surprised by the clapping too - and proud of my neighborhood, and of your impressive work for public awareness.

Cope Cumpston

On 7/6/08 11:21 AM, "Karen Medina" <kmedina at uiuc.edu> wrote:

Pamela wrote: > they were applauded all along the route and a number
>of people stood.

I was overwhelmed by the reception on Lincoln Avenue. At first I thought the
people could not possibly be clapping for us and I kept looking around to see what
could be attracting so much respect. After the initial disbelief, tears came to my
eyes and I had to fight them back.

-karen medina