[Peace] AWARE on the Air tonight at 10pm

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 8 16:56:00 CDT 2008

Thrills! Chills! Excitement!

Well, maybe not so much...

Would you believe ... a one-hour lecture from me?

The problem of course with a volunteer organization is that people have to, ah,
volunteer...

Several of our usual stalwarts were otherwise engaged today, so I was
unceremoniously flung into the briar patch of being the sole presenter of this
edition of "AWARE on the Air": with an alacrity born of delight, I immediately
mobilized the skills that, sadly, sedated students throughout a three-decade
teaching career.

The first third of the show was devoted to Randall's minutes of Sunday's meeting
(with commentary); the second third to my version of the pop favorite, "I Wonder
Who's Kissinger Now?" in re Iran; and the last third to an interview with Noam
Chomsky on the presidential election (conducted by the Qatar station Al-Jazeera
but read by me).

The results will be presented to a yet-unknowing world at 10pm this evening, on
cable channel six.

I trust the outcome will convince several member of AWARE and/or fellow
travelers to join me next Tuesday at 1pm at the Urbana City Council chambers
(site of so much participatory democracy) for the taping of the next AOTA.
Remember: only YOU can prevent me from giving another lecture.

	Very respectfully, your obedient servant,
	C.G.E., General factotum