[Peace] Re: [Peace-discuss] Obama finks on FISA (& even Hillary doesn't)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 10 01:16:54 CDT 2008

In a swing state -- one in which it's unclear whether the electoral votes will
go to McCain or Obama -- it would probably be worthwhile to vote against the
Republicans on the grounds that their social programs (or lack thereof) would
hurt more people than Democratic programs.  And the most effective way to vote
against them is to vote for the Democratic party's nominee.

But this means nothing in Illinois, which should be safe for Obama, so you
should vote for whomever you want.  If Illinois were to become a "swing state"
-- if there were a chance that its electoral votes would not go to Obama -- a
McCain landslide would be in the offing, and you should still vote for whomever
you want. So it doesn't matter here.  --CGE