[Peace] Air AWARE tonite 10pm ch. 6

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 22 16:55:56 CDT 2008

Tonight "AWARE on the Air" takes wing/takes a swing/ at ten on cable channel 6.

Linda claims that she knows of two new watchers as of last week (an estimated
doubling of the audience), and online access via the AWARE website is on the
way, so the only way to go is up...

In recognition of the new media environment, we're instituting a program change:
"The Question of the Day."  Beginning next week we'll devote half the program to
a discussion of a issue within AWARE's remit.

The first Q. O'THE D. (next week) will be, "What is 'this war'?"  (E.g., Is it
broader than Iraq?  Did it begin before 2003?  Will it continue regardless of
the US presidential election?  What's it about?)

In tonight's program, Linda Webber will help us discover what a billion is (but
not how to get it); Ron Szoke will defend his elitism (but not the killing the
new president will do); and Karen Medina (who suggested the idea of the Q. O'THE
D.) will try to provoke each of us.  And yr. obdt. servnt. will suggest why the
Bush administration has made what Gary Sick calls an "imperceptible 180 degree
turn."

Join us at ten.  UPTV is so lonely.  --CGE