[Peace] Re: [Peace-discuss] *Body of War*

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 16 10:32:52 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 09:57:15PM -0500, Jan & Durl Kruse wrote:
> http://www.bodyofwar.com/
>
> For those interested in contacting Mr. Boardman to request the film *Body
> of War* to be shown at the ART Theatre
> please email him at:  greg at BoardmansTheatres.com
>
> Mr. Boardman is usually receptive to movie suggestions and if a
> number people request this film perhaps we will convince him to
> bring it to the ART.

And, you can mention that Mr. Boardman can contact
Sam Sibble, sales manager for The Film Sales Corp. who
are acting as agents for this film, at:

     sam.sibble at filmsalescorp.com

(Most films are handled by a film distributor intermediary,
who also deal with advertising, etc.  But Phil Donahue could
not get *any* distributor to take on Body of War and was clearly
frustrated at this.  One theater chain has taken it on anyway:
Landmark Theaters are showing it even without a distributor.)

The film was shown at National Conference on Media Reform
to at least several hundred people, and drew a standing
ovation.  Though the room was large, they had to turn away
about 200 more.

Roger Ebert has a mostly-favorable review here:

    http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080515/REVIEWS/805150302/-1/REVIEWS01
or just see
    http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/
and look in the list of recent reviews on the right-hand side.

I'll say more about this on the peace-discuss list only,
and I've set Reply-To: there.

   Stuart