[Peace] come hear the news from the media reform conference

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 16 16:37:02 CDT 2008

Are you interested in a diverse, less corporate controlled media? Then come
hear from local people who attended the recent National Conference for Media
Reform.

What: Media Reform, news from the recent national conference
Who:
Danielle Chynoweth
Stuart Levy
Andrew Ó Baoill
(Others who attended are also invited to speak)
When:
Thursday, June 19, 2008
7pm-8:45pm
Urbana Free Library Auditorium
210 West Green Street in downtown Urbana, Illinois.

The takeover of our country's media outlets by a small handful of giant
conglomerates puts too much power and influence in too few hands. That's bad
for our democracy, which depends on our ability to access diverse sources of
news, information and opinion. Come find out what how media reform can
happen.