[Peace] Sreening of film about community radio in Oaxaca Mexico at IMC on Wednesday at 7:00 PM

Ben Galewsky ben at peartreestudio.net
Sat Mar 1 10:19:54 CST 2008

The show committee of the Independent Media Center will be screening a film
that documents the peaceful take-over of TV and radio stations in Oaxaca
Mexico. The film will be shown at 7:00 on Wednesday the 5th of March.

The film “Un Poquito de Tanta Verdad” (A Little Bit of So Much Truth) shows
the power of community radio for indigenous people (and why the Mexican
government was so nervous about us driving a radio transmitter through their
country).

“A 90-minute documentary, A Little Bit of So Much Truth captures the
unprecedented media phenomenon that emerged when tens of thousands of school
teachers, housewives, indigenous communities, health workers, farmers, and
students took 14 radio stations and one TV station into their own hands,
using them to organize, mobilize, and ultimately defend their grassroots
struggle for social, cultural, and economic justice.

Find out more about the film at:

          HYPERLINK
"http://corrugate.org/un_poquito_de_tanta_verdad/un_poquito_de_tanta_verdad"
http://corrugate.org/un_poquito_de_tanta_verdad/un_poquito_de_tanta_verdad

This film is being screened as part of the IMC show committee’s monthly
movie night. The event is free and open to all ages. We ask that you give a
donation when we pass the hat/jar/cup/whatever around, bring an open mind,
suggest films for future showings, and if you are bringing children know
they may get some exposure. Drinks and food may or may not be present
depending on if we (that includes you) bring any.

Be sure and come on out to the U-C IMC located at 202 S. Broadway, Urbana,
IL 61801 (the old downtown Post Office) on Wednesday the 5th of March at
7:00.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:22 AM