[Peace] Demonstrate for Gaza: Monday at 11 am

Students for Justice in Palestine sjp.uiuc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 11:20:30 CST 2008

Hello all,

Death has come to Gaza on a massive scale. Since February 27th the Israeli
army has been pounding Gaza and its citizens with shells and missiles. The
death toll has been horrific, with an estimated 110 killed and 60 of those
on Saturday alone. Even worse is that the violence has been indiscriminate
towards innocents and a third of those killed have been children, the
youngest a two day old newborn. Further, several Israeli politicians have
used the word "Shoah" to describe what would happen to Gaza. According to
several sources, including BBC, the word "Shoah" is used in Israel only to
describe "the" Holocaust associated.

The international community has been silent in condemning the Israeli
atrocities, which are clearly war crimes. In response to international
silence, we will let our voices be heard. Join us on Monday, March 3rd on
the south side of the Illini Union. We will gather for a demonstration at 11
A.M. We very strongly urge everyone who can to come out and stand in
solidarity with Gaza.

Please feel free to bring any posters you may have.

Thank you,
Students for Justice in Palestine