[Announce] [Peace] Darrin is not dead

Nora Whipple carbenmommy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 11:42:59 CST 2008

Thank You Marti:

  Naturally I would run a retraction concerning Darrin's death.  like I said, I overheard a conversation, and have been looking for clairification of the matter, not spreading gossip.  I bearly hear from Darrin myself now a days, and if Darrin does infact die in the future, I would like to know this.  I'm not some star struck fan who is pining after Darrin who happens to know a lot about Darrin, but a person who has similar interests and likes and did enjoy the music I heard Darrin perform with his band Darrin Durda and the Theory of Everything.

  Sheesh!

  Nora Whipple

Marti Wilkinson <martiwilki at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Bob:

In reading the latest email from Nora my impression is she sincerely believed what she had overheard. Personally I think it would have been more practical to have had Darrin contact Nora so she could then have had the opportunity to email a retraction.

Marti

  On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 6:08 PM, John W. <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:
    At 04:51 PM 3/7/2008, Bob Illyes wrote:

>Nora Whipple sent email to several lists about a rumor that Darrin Drda
>was dead. I received the following response from Darrin regarding his death:
>
>Dead? That's news to me. I am just now getting over the flu, but indeed I
>am alive. How are you?
>-Undead Darrin

Darrin is in very select company.  It appears that the rumors of his death,
like that of Mark Twain, have been greatly exaggerated.  One would do well
to question Ms. Whipple as to the source of her information.

John Wason