[Peace] Democrats fund the wars

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue May 6 22:52:26 CDT 2008

[In spite of what we're told about opposition from some the Democrats, the
Democrats in control of  the Congress are planning to fund the wars (plural) well
into the next administration.  It's worthwhile to call our Congressional
representatives and object.  --CGE]

The Iraq - Afghanistan war supplemental may very well be voted upon
this Thursday, May 8, in the House of Representatives.

The Senate Appropriations Committee will "mark-up" the supplemental
this Thursday, May 8, setting the stage for a full vote by the Senate.

To express opposition to additional war funding, you can call the
Capitol Switchboard to be connected to your Representative's and your
Senators' offices: 1-202-224-3121 or toll free at: 1-800-828-0498

Here's the latest from D.C.

Democrats Unveil War Supplemental Plans
CQ Today Midday Update - May 6, 2008
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=cqmidday-000002717701

Dems Prepare $183.6 B Supplemental, May Vote Thursday
Congress Daily, May 6, 2008
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congressdaily/cdp_20080506_6444.php

Senate Appropriations Committee Markup of Emergency Supplemental
Now Scheduled for Thursday, May 8 at 2:00 p.m.

---
Voices for Creative Nonviolence
1249 W Argyle Street #2, Chicago, IL 60640
Phone: (773) 878-3815
E-mail: info at vcnv.org
web: www.vcnv.org