Fwd: [Peace] The Political Economy of Media

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 18:54:43 CDT 2008

In case not everyone's on one of Bob's elists...
   --Jenifer

  Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:27:19 -0500
To: rwmcches at uiuc.edu
From: Bob McChesney <rwmcches at uiuc.edu>
Subject: [Peace] The Political Economy of Media

Dear friend or acquaintance&shy;

Monthly Review Press has just published my new book: The Political Economy of Media: Enduring Issues, Emerging Dilemmas. This volume culminates the research in my career to date, and includes my latest thinking on journalism, the Internet, global political economy, and the burgeoning media reform movement and our broader changing political climate.

The editors at Monthly Review Press have done a brilliant job with this book. The Political Economy of Media includes the best writing I have done and provides a comprehensive overview of my work.

Please go to this link to learn more about the book, see the table of contents, and read the preface and introduction. You will also see how you can order the book by telephone or online .

Monthly Review Press is a nonprofit organization, and all my royalties are being donated to charity. Monthly Review Press has little or no money for promotion, so we are depending upon word-of-mouth for publicity. If you know of any e-lists or have friends who might be interested, please pass this email along to them.  The Political Economy of Media is nearly 600 pages long, has 23 essays, and costs $19.95.

Thank you very much.

Bob
  Robert W. McChesney
Gutgsell Endowed Professor
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION
MEDIA MATTERS
FREE PRESS
Stop Big Media
SAVE THE INTERNET
2008 National Conference for Media Reform
THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF MEDIA
Communication Revolution
HISTORY OF COMMUNICATION
elrod enchilada