[Peace] "AWARE on the Air" tonight at 10pm, cable ch. 6

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue May 13 16:40:43 CDT 2008

AWARE on the Air, the cablevision program on the activities of the local peace
group AWARE ("Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort") and what makes them necessary, will
be seen tonight at 10pm on cable channel 6.

Tonight's program includes Linda Webber on the House Democratic leadership's all
but surreptitious funding of the war into the next administration, Mort Brussel
on the occluded history of America's wars and the reasons that they will
continue, Karen Medina on practical steps being taken locally, and FOA (Friend
of AWARE) Mark Morenz on the need for media literacy (and yr. obdt. servt.
manages to express a few opinions).

And we're happy to announce that Air-AWARE's option has been picked up for
another season, as it were, and that will let us speak to the yet unknowing
world how these things came about: we will be expanding to a full hour,
beginning next week, May 20.

AWARE members and FOAs are invited to join us.  There is plenty to talk about to
fill the hour, but we need people to do it.  We record the program at 1pm on
Tuesdays in the Urbana City Council chambers, for broadcast that night.
Rehearsals are not onerous (indeed, they don't exist).  So come and, ah, throw
down...  --CGE

	Horatio: ... give order that these bodies
	High on a stage be placed to the view;
	And let me speak to the yet unknowing world
	How these things came about. So shall you hear
	Of carnal, bloody and unnatural acts;
	Of accidental judgments, casual slaughters;
	Of deaths put on by cunning and forc'd cause;
	And, in this upshot, purposes mistook
	Fall'n on th' inventors' heads. All this can I
	Truly deliver.