[Peace] Patrick Thompson trial: 1:30PM for final closing arguments

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 12:27:12 CDT 2008

Perhaps the most critical part of the trial - defense closing arguments -
will begin promptly at 1:30PM. Prosecution closing arguments are finished,
which tried to buttress the credibility of the accuser. In my opinion, the
next portion, defense closing arguments, are the most important thing for
folks to witness. Please do what you can to try and make this. There will
be 1 hour for defense closing arguments, followed by 10 minutes of
prosecution reply. Then instructions will be given to the jury and then
they will retire for deliberations. That should point should occur
sometime around 3PM. Even if you can only make one hour (arriving early)
from 1:30PM to 2:30PM for defense closing arguments, I feel it would be
very beneficial, no matter the outcome. Here, more than at any other point
in this trial, is where I think the court proceedings will determine the
outcome and it's important for as much of the community to witness this as
possible. All aspects of the evidence will be summarized, so it's not as
crucial to have been following the details all along.

Hope to see you there.