[Peace] STORIES FOR OUR DONUTS!

angie kealey angiekealey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 10:47:19 CST 2008

HELLO! THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM CALL.RESPONSE. ART COLLECTIVE, BASED IN CHAMPAIGN-URBANA. WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON A PROJECT THAT CALLS FOR COLLABORATION WITH LOCAL ACTIVISTS, TEACHERS, COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS, PARENTS, REVOLUTIONARIES, AND DREAMERS ALIKE. HERE’S A BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

**Donuts for the Revolution Project:
We intend to hold a Public interaction/performance that involves giving away free RED, WHITE, AND BLUE Donuts.  The packaging of these sweet treats will contain inspiring local revolutionary activities, in hopes of inspiring and creating a collective history of activism and organizing. These revolutionary activities can be anything from protests, organizing a reading group, to growing and garden or doing an art project with a child. We just want personal inspiring stories. (Don’t undermine your story. Everyone has an inspiring story within them.)
The donuts came up as a way to positively interact with a public audience. We would like to help people realize the power they have within themselves to make a difference (even if on a very small and local scale). And help people realize that activism and community/neighborhood organizing, and D.I.Y. sensibilities are patriotic. But we don't want to go about it in a harsh way. So we thought we'd do several actions where we hand out free donuts. Then package them in wrappers that contain different stories that we collect from local CITIZENS (YOU), in hopes of motivating others to become active in issues they care about.
Do you have a story you might want to contribute?

Qualifications: no longer than 150 word (we have to be able to fit it onto a small pastry bag)

Possible Prompt: Describe a moment in which you partook in a revolutionary act. (Remember our description of revolution is not necessarily meaning fire in the streets)
What were the results of this activity?
How did it make you feel?

Please send your stories to angiekealey at yahoo.com as soon as you possibly can! 1st Donut Action will be on Dec. 5!

Please pass this on to anyone who you think might be interested in participating in this project!!

Thank You!!!
Peace.

Cara Walton, Angie Kealey, and Jessica Roberts
Cwalton2 at illinois.edu, angiekealey at yahoo.com, roberts6 at illinois.edu

With Call.Response. Art Collective