[Peace] YMCA's Friday Forum / immigration / award-winning non-fiction book author

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 11 22:47:14 CDT 2008

September 12 Friday Forum at the University YMCA
noon to 1:30pm
Crossing the Devil’s Highway: Immigration in the United States
Luis Urrea, Author, 2005 Pulitzer Prize Finalist for "The Devil’s  Highway"
In May 2001, 26 Mexican men scrambled across the border and into an area of the Arizona desert known as the Devil’s Highway. Only 12 made it safely across.  As immigration continues to become a larger and larger issue in our communities and in our nation, Urrea’s “The Devil’s Highway” has become the story for a movement.

The talk is free and open to the public and is in the University YMCA’s  Latzer Hall (located on the corner or Wright and Chalmers.) Lunch is available through the Y Thai Eatery for $6.00 for non-students and $3 for students (school ID is required).