[Peace] volunteers for upcoming event

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 26 12:45:10 CDT 2008

Dear Peace List,

We have been asked to help with 2 things with the upcoming Winter Soldier event at the University of Illinois: housing and support by the local Iraq Veterans Against the War.

1) Housing. We are looking for volunteers who can house some of the people who are coming into town for the event. These include Iraq Veterans Against the War who will be participating in the testimonies.

2) Support. Psychologists and counselors to be available for the veterans as they go through a wide variety of emotional events.

2a) Another type of support I would like to help out with is water and coffee for the daylong event.

If you would like to help with these, or if you know of people we can contact to help out with these, please contact Karen Medina or Stuart Levy:
Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu

The Winter Soldier event will be taking place: Thursday, November 13th, 2008

Thanks!
-karen medina