[Peace] People's Pot Luck tonight! Sunday April 5th, 6-9pm at the IMC

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 5 13:04:26 CDT 2009

For those interested in forging stronger bonds in our community, to rally
around important issues like housing, jobs, food, and health care,
come to the April 5 People's Potluck!  Starts around 6pm at the
Independent Media Center, 202 S. Broadway, Urbana, on the main floor.

Bring yourself, others, and (if you like) a dish to share.

We'll ...
   * eat!
   * hear news from the groups organized at past Potluck events --
	housing, food, labor, maybe health care.
   * hear from you or anyone who wishes to speak -- there'll be open-mike time
   * have time for groups -- existing ones and any that might
	get organized on the spot -- to plan their next steps.
	That includes planning for next month's Central Illinois Social Forum.

There'll be a Guest speaker: Aaron Hughes of Iraq Veterans Against the War
(IVAW).  He attended the first International Labor Conference ever held in Iraq,
last month, at which a new confederation of Iraqi union organizations was formed.
See:  http://www.uslaboragainstwar.org/ and come hear from Aaron about what's
happening with labor in Iraq.

Also various groups are seeking donations,
in case you are willing & able to bring any of...

 * lightweight, longsleeved men's workshirts, for migrant agricultural workers
 * any other clothes, for migrant workers, Center for Women in Transition, etc.
 * (5 gallon) plastic containers for container gardens
 * gardening tools (for a community gardening "tool library")
 * gardening books

If you have gardening-related things to donate but can't bring them tonight,
Sandra Ahten, 801 E. Washington in Urbana (yellow house at corner of
Washington and Weber) is collecting those (containers, tools, gardening books).
You can leave gardening donations in her garage if she's not there.

As for clothing donations outside of the pot luck time, I'm not sure.

Hope you can be there.

[followups set to me by default to avoid broadcast replies...]