[Peace] Press Conference for Oluwatofunmi Kaiyewu, Wed. 10am at IMC

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 21:53:22 CDT 2009

Calling all!

The parents of Oluwatofunmi Kaiyewu are driving from Texas
and Jan Susler of the People's Law Office is already in town from Chicago.
They are looking for answers to the death of the 23 year old med student
who was shot dead by local police.

We are having a press conference on Wednesday, 10 am at the Independent
Media Center.

Its important we come out to show support for the family.

Peace, BD

Please forward widely:

The parents of Oluwatofunmi Kaiyewu— the 23 year old medical student shot
and killed on April 6, 2009, by police from the University of Illinois, the
Champaign County Sheriff’s Office, and the Vermilion County Sheriff’s
Office—will hold a press conference on Wednesday, *April 22, 2009, at the
Independent Media Center, 202 S. Broadway in Urbana, at 10:00 a.m.*

His mother, Abiola Kaiyewu, and his father, Adenrele Kaiyewu, will be
accompanied by their attorney, Jan Susler of the People’s Law Office of
Chicago. They will also be joined and supported by the Champaign Urbana
Citizens for Peace and Justice.

“Part of me died when they killed my son,” said Mrs. Kaiyewu, a registered
nurse. At the funeral, held in Houston, Texas, near the family’s home, this
past Saturday, dozens of Oluwatofunmi’s friends gathered in shock and grief.

The family is coming to Illinois to collect their son’s belongings, to
demonstrate their determination to expose the wrongful use of deadly force,
and to demand justice for Toto, as he was affectionately known by his
friends and family.

Contacts:

Jan Susler, People’s Law Office, 773/252-4049

Brian Dolinar, Champaign-Urbana Citizens for Peace and Justice, 217/621-5827

--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.
briandolinar at gmail.com