[Peace] How to locate AWARE table - turning the facts on their heads

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 31 18:10:53 CDT 2009

I was not present during this very unfortunate episode, but returned
afterwards. At an AWARE meeting shortly afterwards, I remember that
some members, those who subsequently left AWARE, were demanding that
Carl apologize for what he had been writing and/or saying (of a
personal nature). Carl did not respond. Any efforts I attempted to
prevent people from walking out, i.e. to soften their positions, and
to have a rapprochement, were unsuccessful. There seemed to be a
rigidity of positions on both sides of the issue.

For what it's worth…  mkb