[Peace] CUCPJ Calls Press Conference TODAY! to Question Investigation and State's Attorney's Prejudice in Police Shooting of Kiwane Carrington

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:13:11 CST 2009

CU Citizens for Peace and Justice is holding a press conference today,
Monday, December 7, 2009 at 3:30 pm at the Independent Media Center.

We will be calling into question the investigation of the Kiwane Carrington
shooting by Champaign police and the State’s Attorney’s bias in the case. We
will provide evidence by citing statements by public officials themselves
and recently acquired FOIA documents of the Champaign City Manager and
staff. State’s Attorney’s determination in the case has not been released,
but from all other indications we expect it to be a foregone conclusion.

Members of the Carrington family will make statements.

Longtime community activist Terry Townsend will also make a statement.

BD

ps FYI – City Manager Steve Carter – we know you’re watching. We have
nothing to hide.
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.