[Peace] Peoples Potluck Sun. March 1

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 13:16:39 CST 2009

First Sunday Peoples Potluck
Sunday, March 1, 2009
6:30pm - 9:00pm
Independent Media Center
205 South Broadway
Urbana, IL

We are thankful for all the good, caring and active people
and organizations in our community. At the same time we know we face a serious
crisis.

Given the sorry state of the US economy and government policy for the last
eight years - mostly concerned with the well-being of the wealthy few and not
with the welfare of the many – and given the dismal state of our Illinois
government and economy, organizations and individuals at the grassroots are
going to have to use our social consciences and talents to find local ways of
supporting the most vulnerable people in our communities.

At the same time, we have to pressure all levels of government to support an
economy “of, by and for the people,” rather than focused on those who are
already extremely well off. We cannot simply rely on the new administration in Washington to turn
things around.

Come share a meal and discussion around:

A “People’s Bailout”

A Central Illinois Social Forum

The “Employee Free Choice Act”

A workers’ / community center