[Peace] demonstration for Gaza? (yes!)

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 1 10:44:52 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 05:14:43PM -0600, Niloofar Shambayati wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been wondering whether there's a demonstration organized in protest to
> the bombing of Gaza? If so, I'd like to offer my help and can spread the
> word around.  There's a demonstration up in Chicago this Friday at noon.
> Details at the ANSWER website.  Happy New Year!
>
> Niloofar Shambayati

Yes.  With the peace list working again (thanks to Josh King for fixing it
in the middle of the night!), you've probably seen the announcement:

    Demonstration in solidarity with the people of Gaza
    Saturday, Jan 3rd, 2:00-4:00pm
    *University and State*, downtown Champaign
    (SE corner of West Side Park)

	(moved for this month from AWARE's usual demo site
	 since southbound Neil is still closed since the Nov. fire)

Signmaking party *this afternoon*, Thu Jan 1, 3-6pm, IMC family room.
We'll supply signmaking materials.  If you can't make this short notice
but wish to make signs with others, we might hold another on Saturday
late morning.  Please let me know if you'd like to do that instead.

This event has been submitted to the ANSWER Coalition list of demonstrations
(see links near the top of their front page, http://answer.pephost.com/  )
and to the similar list kept by US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation
(see  http://www.endtheoccupation.org/ ).

Followups set to peace-discuss.