[Peace] ANSWER coalition: Jan 10th Gaza demonstration in Washington, seeks funding to help run it, etc.

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 6 16:12:28 CST 2009

ANSWER is organizing an emergency demonstration for Gaza
in Washington DC, this weekend (Sat Jan 10th).  The note below
is aimed at fundraising -- they need money fast to cover costs --
but you can find more about the planned demonstration at:

     http://answer.pephost.org/site/News2?abbr=ANS_&page=NewsArticle&id=8905

They're organizing buses from the East Coast and Midwest, including Chicago.
$100 round trip from the Art Institute, leaves Fri eve & returns Sun morning:
     http://answer.pephost.org/site/News2?abbr=ANS_&page=NewsArticle&id=8927

If anybody tries to organize last-minute transport from C-U,
you can tell them that ("Transportation Form" on the latter page)
and they'll post it for others to find.

At least two organizations -- ANSWER and the US Campaign to
End the Israeli Occupation -- are also collecting information about
*local* demonstrations, respectively at
    info at answercoalition.org   (just send e-mail describing the event)
and
    http://www.endtheoccupation.org/form.php?id=131   (web form)

So when the planning for the Mosque's demonstration in Urbana is complete
(Sat Jan 10th, noon-2pm, downtown Urbana courthouse),
it can get posted there too.  These nationwide lists of actions
can be good things to shake at our congresspeople:
    http://answer.pephost.org/site/News2/1762433751?id=8881
    http://www.endtheoccupation.org/article.php?id=1773

----- Forwarded message from "Brian Becker, ANSWER Coalition" <ANSWER at InternationalANSWER.org> -----