[Peace] Call for 2009 Green Party Candidates

Mark Mallon mmallon2 at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 8 20:59:32 CST 2009

Hello Folks, while the deadline for filing petitions for municipal
office in Urbana has passed, the Green Party does have the power to
slate candidates for city offices. The deadline to do so is February
4th. If you are interested in running for city office where there is
currently no Green running (i.e., certain city council seats, city
clerk, etc.), please contact me as soon as possible so we can get you
slated. The slating process involves a committee voting to slate you and
you do not need to get signatures. The committee must meet before Feb.
4th and send out meeting notifications 5 days in advance, so time is
running short.

Also, please consider running for non-partisan office in Urbana or
Champaign, such as Park Board or School Board. These bodies can be great
areas for implementing green values. The Republican Party became what is
today by running candidates for offices like these. The filing deadline
for petitions is January 26th.

Feel free to contact me with questions. Thanks,

Mark Mallon