[Peace] Why are we in Afghanistan?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 20 21:55:40 CDT 2009

I want to produce a debate on Urbana Public Television on the subject of the war
in AfPak, but I can't find anyone willing to defend the Obama administration's
position there.

Perhaps that means either that everyone is aware that we're guilty of war crimes
there and is properly embarrassed about it, or that the Obama administration has
lulled everyone into a somnolence that prevents us from noticing the crimes that
they're committing.

We can organize the debate around a positive or a negative statement, e.g.,

   "Resolved: the US is justified in taking military action in AfPak"; or

   "Resolved: the US is committing war crimes in AfPak."

If you know of anyone who would be willing publicly to defend the Obama
administration's activities, please let me know.  --C. G. Estabrook

	###