[Peace] Fw: [PeoplesPotluck] June 7th don't forget our PEOPLE'S POTLUCK

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 19:10:43 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <mlewis1 at illinois.edu>
To: "Peoples Potluck list" <peoplespotluck at lists.chambana.net>
Cc: "Safiya Umoja Noble" <snoble at illinois.edu>; <mlewis1 at illlinois.edu>;
<immerstudent at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:01 PM
Subject: [PeoplesPotluck] June 7th don't forget our PEOPLE'S POTLUCK

: Hi Everyone:
:
: Don't forget that we are having a People's Potluck gathering this
Sunday,  June 7th at the Independent Media Center.  The gathering will run
from 6 to 8:30 and will begin with a potluck meal to share.  Please bring
a dish to share if able. However, do not let your inability to help out
with food keep you from coming.  All are welcome to the People's Potluck.
:
: We will have Safiya Noble and other members of the Broadband Access
Committee talk about the goals of the initiative.  Soon they will be
writing a proposal that would provide advanced broadband to low and
moderate income areas in Champaign Urbana and ultimately to all Champaign
Urbana neighborhoods.   We think that our experiences in trying to connect
to the target initial group, low and moderate income Champaign Urbana
neighborhoods,  will give us a chance to think about how our approach to
what we have been  doing would be different if these neighborhoods were
better served through high speed internet connections.  Through our
earlier Potluck meetings and the social forum discussions,  I am sure we
will have ideas that could be incorporated into the proposal and Safiya
and the other presenters will use a problem jostle approach to help us
brainstorm ideas.
:
: We have been busy in our smaller groups and we will have reports from
each of our groups.  So a member from each of the groups: housing, food,
jobs and health care should be ready to report to the group.
:
: Please let me know if you are interested in helping with this potluck.
: We need your help.
:
: Margaret Lewis
: for the Planning group for June 7th Potluck.
:
: For more info on the broadband initiative:
: http://www.cuopenaccess.org/
: PeoplesPotluck mailing list
: PeoplesPotluck at lists.chambana.net