[Peace] Fw: UIAA Alumni Career Center Features Tele-Panel on Self-Employment Options

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 23:20:43 CDT 2009

In case you or yr friends are job-hunting...
 --Jenifer

--- On Thu, 6/4/09, University of Illinois Alumni Association <uiaacareerevents at uillinois.edu> wrote:

The Alumni Career Center’s June program calendar features a no-fee tele-panel discussion, “Looking at Options for Self-Employment”, to be held on the evening of Wednesday, June 17. Several of our alumni panelists will share their experiences in deciding on self-employment and then making and executing their plans, while others will bring expertise in advising prospective entrepreneurs.

Alumni who have attended recent programs are glad they did; their comments include:
 “I enjoyed the differing points of view.”
“[I learned] how to market my transferable skills more effectively.”
“Especially because there were speakers from different industries…it was interesting to see so much overlap in the skills and traits they are looking for in candidates.”
 “I left with some useful tips about how to strive for balance in life/work. Great use of one hour.”

Webinar and conference call technology give you the chance to attend all programs from wherever you are, so plan to take advantage of upcoming sessions, including:

Networking Effectively At Any Stage in Your Career, on June 10

Delivering Your Message in the Interview, on June 24.
View details and register for all June programs at Click here for event summary

The Alumni Career Center's home page - www.uiaa.org/careers - presents our services and programs.  Learn more about the Virtual Career Center, Hire UI Alumni job posting and resume posting service, and the UIAA Online Alumni Directory, with over 40,000 alumni volunteers for informational interviews, as well as scheduling advising appointments (for a nominal fee).

Please contact us with your questions about how the Alumni Career Center self-directed and customized services can help you reach your career goals: call at 312.575-7830, or send an email to careers at uillinois.edu. Career assistance doesn’t end with graduation!

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

Julie Bartimus
Vice President
University of Illinois Alumni Association
Alumni Career Center
200 S. Wacker Dr.
First Floor, MC 200
Chicago, IL 60606
www.uiaa.org/careers

If you do not wish to receive future emails from University of Illinois Alumni Association Alumni Career Center please Click here.