[Peace] Anti-war demonstration 2-4pm Sat, 3/7, *State & University*, Champaign: "Confronting Our Mistakes: Afghanistan"

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 6 10:48:43 CST 2009

Please join AWARE for our monthly anti-war demonstration,
this Saturday, March 7th, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM at

    University and State (southeast corner of West Side Park)

in downtown Champaign.  (We flipped a coin and decided to stay
there one more month.  Now that Neil is open again, we may return
to our traditional corner a few blocks away in future,
but for this month it's still University and State.)

This month we'll confront the question,

   What's happening in Afghanistan, and
   what on earth is the U.S. doing there?

Mainstream media reports on our war in Afghanistan
and Pakistan have assumed without question that
pursuing and escalating that war is necessary
and desirable.   We'll be passing out a flyer from
the group Peace Action, which considers, for example,
"who are we fighting in Afghanistan" and "isn't the war
necessary to stop terrorism?":

  http://www.peace-action.org/pub/factssheets/Afghanistan_facts.pdf

Hope you can join us.  Bring rain gear -- weather forecast
calls for mild weather but rain & wind -- but we'll be there!