[Peace] Anna Baltzer Visit

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 14:03:07 CDT 2009

To avoid confusion (even if caused by me):

In response to Anna's request, I referred her to contacts for Students for Justice in Palestine and CIMIC, cc'd above. I would wait for follow-up from them or their representatives regarding their arrangements with Anna. At that point, we can clarify the role that AWARE might play in her visit, whether planning or supportive.

During her last visit, Anna spoke at the Community Church of Christ and CIMIC (as well as the late lamented independent bookstore). None was a student-oriented event, which I hope will be different this time with the help of SJP, Arab Student Association, etc. Anna specifically requested to speak again at CIMIC, because it turned out so well last time. Nevertheless, if schedule permits, another off-campus event would also be great. I think there is more interest and demand now than there was 3 years ago. For example, while the Unitarian Church was not receptive in 2006, maybe they would be now (but only if they're willing to make some effort to publicize it among their members, not just host it). Or the IMC might be the most logical venue.

David