[Peace] AWARE on the Air tonight at 10pm on ch. 6

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 24 19:24:44 CDT 2009

AOTA strikes again, this evening at 10pm on cable channel 6, thanks to the good
people at UPTV (esp. Bruce):

   --Anti-war news of this week and last, including national and international
demonstrations on the occasion of the anniversary of NATO's birth (60 years ago
next month), as the US demands NATO kill people for our purposes.  (See, e.g.,
<http://stopwar.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1087&Itemid=235>.)

(And also Apr 4 (Saturday) 2-4PM Main St & Neil St, Champaign, the Main Event --
AWARE's monthly (first Saturday of each month) street demonstration event, which
largely focuses on opposing U.S. occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, but is
open for anyone to join us either using one of our signs or one of their own --
please join us);

   --Karen Medina tells us about the sadly ignored demonstration at the Pentagon
last weekend (note: supposed members of the anti-war movement red-baited it);

   --Ron Szoke grasps some straws in the wind & tells us what they mean;

   --David Harley gives a sympathetic account of the Israeli press's coverage of
the scandalous account of the Gaza massacre found in the Israeli military; and

   --yr. obdt. servt. points out that the mendacious Obama administration is
trying to hide what it's doing, by changing the language: a Pentagon email went
out this Monday asking staff and speechwriters officially to stop using the
phrase “Global War on Terror”: the new name is “Overseas Contingency Operation”
[sic!] -- you can't make this stuff up: this is the Obama administration's spin:
the OMB says, "This Administration prefers to avoid using the term 'Long War' or
'Global War on Terror [GWOT]'. Please use 'Overseas Contingency Operation.'
Please pass on to your speech writers and try to catch this change before the
statements make it to OMB."  Can you believe the chutzpah?

All administrations lie, as the late I. F. Stone put it.  This one lies better
that the last.  They're just as guilty.  --CGE