[Peace] Shara Espenshade of Urbana quoted on AFP

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 18:16:23 CST 2009

This was in an article from CommonDreams.com:
"Where Have All the Protests Gone? US Students in Limbo"

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/11/16-6

"There's this trust that he's [Obama] going to fix it all," said Shara Esbenshade, 19, a sophomore at Stanford University and member of Stanford Says No To War.

She says there are no anti-war marches on her campus, only vigils, educational events and occasional protests against Condoleezza Rice, who has returned to Stanford after serving as George W. Bush's secretary of state.

"We'd really like to start doing more about Afghanistan," she added. "But students here rising up? I really don't see that happening."

--mkb