[Peace] Fw: After 8 Years, Will Congress Say "Enough"?

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 13:41:03 CDT 2009

Please forward widely
 --Jenifer

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org> wrote:

Dear Jenifer,

Today marks 8 years since the invasion of Afghanistan; but the Obama Administration has yet to explain how we will end our military entanglement in the country. How many more years must we mark this anniversary with calls to rethink our policy?

General McChrystal has made a request for more troops, but the White House seems to be seriously deliberating whether to grant it.[1] Meanwhile, on the Hill, Representative Barbara Lee has introduced a bill [2] that puts congressional pressure on the President to reject McChrystal's request by prohibiting any increase in the number of troops in Afghanistan.

Could you ask your Representative to co-sponsor Rep. Barbara Lee's bill?

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/lee

On October 1st, 21 members of Congress joined Rep. Barbara Lee to take a definitive step toward exercising Congress' most powerful lever against escalating the war. The bill - H.R. 3699 - would prohibit any increase in the number of troops serving in Afghanistan by declaring that no funds be used for that purpose.

Ask your Representative to oppose escalation of the war in Afghanistan by following the link below:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/lee

Thank you for all you do for a just foreign policy,

Megan Iorio, Sarah Burns, Robert Naiman and Chelsea Mozen
Just Foreign Policy

For those of you on Facebook, there is a unique opportunity today for you to mark the 8th anniversary of the war in Afghanistan by taking part in a virtual vigil at the White House. We've made it easy for you to participate. To learn more, visit
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/vigil

Help us build for a Just Foreign Policy
Your financial contributions to Just Foreign Policy help us create opportunities for Americans to advocate for a just foreign policy.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate.html