[Peace] Fwd: lecture at ISU: "Palestine: The Historical Lessons for Our Time"

Niloofar Shambayati niloofar.peace at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:23:18 CDT 2009

A lecture on Palestine at ISU

------ Forwarded message ----------
From: "Sartell, Elizabeth Anne" <esartell at AD.UIUC.EDU>
To: INIMS at LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:13:46 -0500
Subject: lecture at ISU: "Palestine: The Historical Lessons for Our Time"

What: Bone Lecture in History

*Who: Dr. Ilan Pappé, Chair of History at the University of Exeter*

*When: Tuesday, November 10, 7:30 p.m.*

*Where: ISU, Schroeder Hall, Room 138*

*Title: "Palestine: The Historical Lessons for Our Time"*

Dr. Ilan Pappé will be presenting the 2009 Bone Lecture in History at
Illinois State University. Pappé is Chair of the Department of History at
the University of Exeter in the United Kingdom and co-director of the Exeter
Center for Ethno-Political Studies. Dr.

Pappé is both a professional historian and a human rights’ activist who
believes that commitment and professionalism do not necessarily clash, but
rather reinforce each other. He wrote extensively on the 1948 Nakbah and is
regarded as one of Israel ‘new historians’ who challenged the official
Zionist version of events. Pappé has also written on the Modern Middle East,
multiculturalism and historiography.

On behalf of my colleagues in the Department of History at Illinois State
University, I extend an invitation to you, any members of your faculty, and
your students to attend this lecture.   We would be very pleased to welcome
you here. Spread the word!

Contact: Issam Nassar, irnassa at ilstu.edu