No subject

Mon Sep 28 15:09:14 CDT 2009

them that is inconsistent with the story the Pentagon put out. The parts
are obviously from a CH-47 series helo, made by a Boeing divsion which
produces helos. More specifically, considering special ops forces were
involved, it was likely the MH-47E variant.

The panel that has the word "laser" stenciled on was probably torn loose
when the landing gear was torn off by the hard landing that the Pentagon
attributes this incident to. Laser could refer to a number of different
targetting or avionics systems onboard. I could not find any
comprehensive pictures good enough to track down exactly where it came
from.

Given the involvement of the landing gear, which usually it at a spot on
the airframe where there are lifting and tie-down points, the "lift
here" stencil on the same panel means it was likely from near the
location of the landing gear, again consistent with the Pentagon story.

The tag indicating the component was from Loud Engineering is also
consistent. They manufacture landing gear components.

As for the linked ammo pictures, this could or could not be relevant.
They are expended rounds, so whatever they were used in seems to have
cycled them through without de-linking the ammo. My knowledge of
full-auto weapons is fairly limited, so I won't comment further, other
than to note there are lots of machine guns in Afghanistan. From these
pictures, I can't figure out who made the stuff involved in these
pictures and certainly not who used it, when and where.
Mike Lehman