No subject

Mon Sep 28 15:09:14 CDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:48:09 -0800
From: "Glassman, Jeff" <glassmaj at evergreen.edu>
To: 'parenti susan rose' <sparenti at staff.uiuc.edu>
Subject: FW: [tesccrier] FW: 1-5 Vigil Expanding.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedersen, Sarah
To: Tesc Community Announcements
Sent: 12/27/2002 11:47 AM
Subject: [tesccrier] FW: 1-5 Vigil Expanding.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Ward [mailto:culturalenvironmentalist at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 11:39 AM
To: culturalenvironmentalist at hotmail.com
Subject: Fwd:1-5 Vigil Expanding.

>From: "Funke Olise"
>Subject: Fwd:1-5 Vigil Expanding.
>Date: 26 Dec 2002 04:56:27 -0000
>
>On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 18:41:15 -0800 Robert Baxter wrote:
> >At the Sunday night meeting at the Dale's we were joined by people
from
> >Skagit County and decided to extend this project for the next three
> >Saturdays and try to expand it nation-wide as well.
> >
> >People in Oregon have come on board. In less than 24 hours they
started
> >organizing sign-up lists, maps and a website. The website is at:
> >http://nrsst.net/i5action/
> >
> >Below is a message that I am sending out to try to get other areas to
join
> >in. Please feel free to edit, improve and distribute far and wide:
> >
> >==========================================
> >
> >For the past two weekends peace activists have lined freeway
overpasses in
> >Washington State with an anti-war message. There have been people on
at
> >least 20 overpasses along a 95-mile stretch of interstate from
Seattle to
> >the Canadian border. Those involved think that this action is very
effective
> >and are suggesting we take it nation-wide over the next three
Saturdays
> >(Dec. 28, Jan. 4 and 11) from 11 AM to 1 PM. Activists in Oregon have

> >already begun to plan their participation in the action.
> >
> >In order to make the message clear and avoid distracting the drivers
the
> >activists have used a consistent sign that says "No Iraq War."
Information
> >on ordering the signs can be found at www.snowcoalition.org and
> >www.boruckprinting.com/niw.html
> >
> >Police have hassled activists at a few of the intersections but for
the most
> >part the police simply drive by the protestors. As far as we can
determine
> >there is nothing illegal about what the activists are doing. However,
people
> >involved are recommending that you not bring children to this action
because
> >of the possibility of police harassment and the difficulty of
supervising
> >them near traffic. We have at least one lawyer who has agreed to help
and
> >Nootka Rose affinity group is working on putting together legal
resources. A
> >more complete set of suggested guidelines will be available on the
SNOW
> >Coalition web-site soon.
> >
> >More information about the vigil can be found at:
> >www.nas.com/beddill/noiraqwar.html
> >
> >Below are comments from this Saturday's vigil:
> >
> >"Last week , in 2 hours I got 101 honks and/or waves (middle-finger
> >love-wiggles not counted.) Today, in 2 hours I got 254. One guy drove
up
> >onto the ramp ... he wanted to know "Who's behind you? I see you all
over
> >the place!!"... My feedback ... is "THIS IS BRILLIANT!!" Everybody
probably
> >already has this idea, but I definitely support trying to get the
national
> >organizations (MoveON, etc) to pick up on it and get people around
the
> >country to join in. It could be huge, cheap, positive publicity."
> >Chris
> >
> >"Statistics-percentages about the same as last week - about 60%-70%
nothing;
> >those that did
> >honk/wave were 4:1 or 5:1 in favor and supportive.
> >
> >I like the whole idea, too. It is cheap, safe and legal -- but more
> >importantly is flexible and effective getting the message recognized.
It is

http://isp.BlueLight.com

  _____

3 months FREE*. <http://g.msn.com/8HMOEN/2015>  ---
You are currently subscribed to tesccrier as: glassmaj at evergreen.edu
This list is for announcement of Evergreen-sponsored events and other
announcements related to life and learning at TESC.

leave-tesccrier-24875H at lists.evergreen.edu or ....

Visit http://www.evergreen.edu/lists, browse to the list you want,
"Enter" the list(using e-mail address and password if any), then select
the "Leave (unsubscribe)" button.