No subject

Mon Sep 28 15:09:14 CDT 2009

Lichtenwalter firing more than two dozen rounds.

It was not his first brush with violence.

In March 1993, Lichtenwalter, then 16, fired a semiautomatic pistol at a
group of youths milling around an E-Z Food Mart in Universal City. Edward
Lee Escobedo, 18, was left paralyzed from his neck down and died several
years later.

Universal City police Lt. Charles Dewey called that act a "cold-blooded
random act of violence" and said Lichtenwalter did not know any of the
victims.

Prosecuted as an adult, Lichtenwalter pleaded no contest to attempted
murder and received a 12-year prison term. He was paroled in July 2001
after serving seven years.

"He showed no remorse whatsoever," Dewey recalled.
He lashed out at the decision to parole him.
"It's shocking they would let someone like that out of prison," Dewey said.

Since his release from prison, Lichtenwalter had been meeting regularly
with his parole officer and abiding by the terms of his parole, said Bryan
Collier, director of the Texas Board of Criminal Justice parole division.

Police said Lichtenwalter met his girlfriend, a 20-year-old stripper police
did not name, while he worked as a bouncer at a local club. The two started
dating in March. Though trouble soon surfaced in the relationship and
Lichtenwalter erupted with periodic bouts of jealousy, his girlfriend told
police he had never been violent with her.

About an hour before the shootout, Lichtenwalter spotted his girlfriend
leaving the Far West Rodeo dance club with a female friend and another man.
He followed the three for a short time, but lost them and returned to his
North Side home on Foster Road, where he lived with his parents.

> Under the pretense of needing a house key, Lichtenwalter called his
> girlfriend on her cell phone and lured her to his home, where he
confronted
> her with a shotgun.
>
> He forced her at gunpoint to return to the Denny's restaurant, where he
> began arguing with the man.
>
> At an afternoon news conference, police officials seemed to anticipate the
> scrutiny and second-guessing that might come.
>
> Police trainers will scrutinize the video captured by a surveillance
camera
> at Denny's, Ortiz said at the news conference.
>
> "They did the best they could with what was presented to them, and we just
> thank God that they're alive," Sgt. Andy Hernandez added.
>
> At the San Antonio Police Academy, cadets practice protecting their
> holstered firearm in training exercises.
>
> "It's a pretty grueling course they put them through," said retired police
> union president Jerry Clancy. "They put another man on you, and you have
> keep your gun on you for two minutes."
>
> He described the drill as a drag-out fight.
>
> Trevino said weapon retention is taught throughout the 27-week training
> course for cadets. Periodically, the topic is taught in annual refresher
> courses for all officers.
>
> After the night shift roll call around 3 p.m. at the North Side
substation,
> 20-year police veteran Frank San Miguel said there was a somber mood among
> the ranks. He said supervisors urged the officers to wear their bullet
> resistant vests and to stay alert.
>
> "A lot of the officers do get complacent, but this brings them back to
> reality," he said. The incident, he said, will make him tell himself at
> routine calls, "Hey, this is not just another call."
>
> The 2001 killings of SWAT Officer John "Rocky" Riojas and Police Officer
> Hector Garza, who were alone when they were shot, prompted union officials
> to claim that a staffing shortage was endangering officers. Friday's
> shootout returned police administrators and union leaders to the issue.
>
> "Anybody who says backup assures the safety of the officer doesn't know
> street police work at all," Ortiz said.
>
> But police union President Rene Rodriguez repeated the argument.
>
> "I think you can always claim that there's going to be certain isolated
> incidents where it doesn't really matter how many individuals you have,
bad
> things are going to happen," Rodriguez said. "I think as a general rule,
> there is safety in numbers."
>
> Cynthia Murray, the wife of Nathan Murray, said officers drove her to
> University Hospital, where her husband was being treated for his injuries.
> She talked to reporters outside the hospital, wearing her husband's
wedding
> ring and a miniature badge with his number, 1290, on a chain around her
> neck.
>
> As of late Friday afternoon, Nathan Murray was not speaking, but he
> [...]
sign lauguage.

Staff Writers Elaine Aradillas, John Tedesco, Jesse Bogan, Lisa Sandberg
and Rebeca Rodriguez contributed to this report.

The Sheriff's Department said that Beasley has a criminal record for drugs=20
and larceny convictions. Lake was not injured in the accident. The dart did=20
not penetrate his protective vest, according to the Sheriff's Department.=20

In  conclusion: Criminals/murders  must be  punished swiflty and without all=
=20
the repeated arrests before they are put on trial and trhen convicted over=20
and over brfore being incarcerated. Now we see career criminals given=20
communtation and they will then get out  to kill, rob, rape again and that i=
s=20
their choice!

So is this a good idea in reality of crime? NO!  Ryan has set up more=20
murders, crimes etc.  And most of all it is the other minorites who are the=20
real actual victims of crime committed against them by other minoroties  who=
=20
will pay the price for stupidity and the old bleeding heart.

Next time anyone advocates letting these jerks, killers, rapists, off then=20
maybe you need to provide protection for past victims families and go live=20
with these criminals yourself.  See how long you last?

reality not racism or make believe.