[Peace] upcoming health care events like community meeting September 10

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:54:12 CDT 2009

WHAT:   Community Meeting on National Health Reform
WHEN:   Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 6:30 PM
WHERE: Champaign Public Library -  200 W. Green Street, Champaign

Topics to be discussed will include:
*       The need for national health reform
*       Understanding the health reform legislation
*       Fact vs. fiction in the health reform debate
*       Single-payer and public option health reforms
*       Medicare and national health reform
*       How you can take action for REAL health reform

Sponsor: Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC)
Co-sponsored by: CCHCC's Health Care Access Task Force, Prairie Center
Health Systems, Inc., Illinois Disciples Foundation, Wesley United
Methodist Church, Christian Social Action Ministry, Wesley Foundation,
IATSE Local 482

---------
Campaign for Better Health Care has some upcoming events (see
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Champaign-IL/Campaign-for-Better-Health-Care/7887453209)

TAKE ACTION TUESDAYS:  Sept. 8, Sept. 15, Sept. 22, Sept. 29
On Take Action Tuesday Sept. 8., we're going to send our members of
Congress back to Washington to pass comprehensive health care reform!

ILLINOIS DAY OF ACTION:  Saturday, Sept. 12
Mobilize as part of a statewide effort to leaflet, canvass and staff
events in our towns and neighborhoods. Sign up for a local event or
start your own!

RAINBOW PUSH FORUM ON HEALTH CARE:  Saturday, Sept. 12
Join us at Rainbow PUSH Headquarters for a Faith Caucus kickoff event
during the weekly community forum.

HEALTH CARE HOUSE PARTIES: Sept. 14-28
Host a party for the health care reform supporters among your friends
and neighbors to energize and engage them in working for health care
justice!