[Peace] Help Support a Fellow C-U Activist!

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:40:51 CDT 2010

Four Walls and a Roof Cotacachi Project
   “Working to build the first women’s shelter in Cotacachi, Ecuador.”

Tuesday, April 27th, 2010

Dear Peace-listers, Activists, and Friends:

* *

*I am writing to ask for your help*. After spending months working with a
women’s organization in Ecuador assisting survivors of domestic violence and
seeing first-hand the desperate need for emergency housing, I returned to
Illinois eager to help the women I worked with in their efforts to gain the
necessary support to build the first battered women’s shelter in the area—an
effort that will ultimately help to stop the cycle of violence many women
face when after making the brave step to seek help,  they must return home
to.their aggressor in the absence of a shelter.

To this end, last year I founded Four Walls and Roof Project (FWAAR), a
local Champaign-Urbana non-profit working to build the first battered
women’s shelter in Cotacachi, Ecuador. I’m excited to tell you that for the
2nd year in a row, Four Walls and Roof Project (FWAAR) is participating in
GlobalGiving’s Global Open challenge, a fundraising opportunity for
nonprofit organizations working around the world, in hopes to raise
financial support that will help transform the lives of Ecuadorian women
suffering domestic violence in the Andean region of Cotacachi.

Now through May 25th, if Four Walls and Roof Project (FWAAR) can raise at
least $4,000 from at least 50 donors, we will earn a permanent spot on
www.GlobalGiving.com, the internationally recognized marketplace for
philanthropy that connects individual donors to the causes they care most
about.

Every donation helps, and no donation is too small. You can support Four
Walls and Roof Project (FWAAR) with as little as $10 and make an impact. In
addition to helping us earn a spot on GlobalGiving, the organizations that
raise the most money will earn a bonus $1,000-$3,000. The organization that
recruits the most donors will earn an extra $1,000.

Four Walls and Roof Project (FWAAR) is very excited about this opportunity
and reaching a whole new network of donors to help build the first battered
women’s shelter in Cotacachi, Ecudaor. Help us achieve our goal of $4,000
from 50 donors by May 25th by making a donation to FWAAR through our
GlobalGiving page<http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/building-a-womens-shelter-in-cotacachi-eduador/>.
Please share this with your friends and family and ask them to help too.

 Thank you for your support,

Rachel Storm, Founder and Director

Four Walls and a Roof Project (FWAAR)

Address: 405 W. Springfield Ave. #2W Champaign, IL. 61820    E-mail:
rachelstrm at gmail.com    Phone: 630.677.7219

--
Kind regards,

Rachel Storm
B.A. Transnational Gender Politics
Program Coordinator, UIUC Women's Resources Center
The Women's Resources Center
703 S. Wright Street, Champaign, IL 61820
MC-302
(217) 333-3137 (office phone)
(217) 333-7366 (fax)
(630) 677-7219 (cell)

--
Kind regards,

Rachel Storm
B.A. Transnational Gender Politics
Program Coordinator, UIUC Women's Resources Center
The Women's Resources Center
703 S. Wright Street, Champaign, IL 61820
MC-302
(217) 333-3137 (office phone)
(217) 333-7366 (fax)
(630) 677-7219 (cell)