[Peace] Does AWARE want to participate?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 29 11:36:57 CST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Sat Jan 15th event
Date: 	Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:23:14 -0600
From: 	David Johnson <dlj725 at hughes.net>

The Central Illinois IWW has reserved the stage area of the IMC for Saturday
Jan. 15th from 2pm -5pm and we have also booked Will Hope's Cuban band
(Sandunga) to perform the last hour from 4-5pm.

We therefore have from 2pm - 4pm to do presentations, workshops, whatever.
At this point it is a blank slate as to what we want to do - format(s) etc. -
and we are open to any and all suggestions and participation.

Our overall purpose however is clear: we want to

1) have an event to energize and focus all of us activists in C-U for the coming
year.

2) make connections with other activists, organizations, and interested but
uncommitted individuals in downstate Illinois, with the possibility of doing
future coordinated events. (We have several people from the coalition
organization "Common Action" in Bloomington-Normal coming to the event - which
includes an anti-war group.)

3) cast a wide net into the C-U community to attract new people into all of our
organizations.

W could call this an Activist Fair (like a Job or College Recruitment Fair) or a
Fight Back Forum - whatever; I think you get my overall concept, but
as of yet the title of the event hasn't been decided either, so any and all
input would also be appreciated...

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas.

David Johnson
dlj725 at hughes.net <mailto:dlj725 at hughes.net>
721-0583 daytime weekdays
443-8317 evenings and Sunday