[Peace] Let it snow! Film Fest Kicks Off Tonight!

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 07:35:02 CST 2010

Get out in to the cold, get some warmth at the IMC Film Festival tonight!

Things kicks off at 6pm with a health care line-up introduced by IMC
Americorps volunteer Kat Lieder
followed by a video smuggled out of Burma by IMC's own Danielle Chynoweth
a hip hop bloc with a live simulcast from the IMC Film Fest on THE SHOW
with a sounding off by Ray Morales of his recent censorship by La Carta
and a performances by local MCs blink tha boss, Rob K, Jay Moses, Nick G,
and DJ Luniks

See our story in the Buzz this week:
http://the217.com/articles/view/imc_film_fest_preview

BD

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 5, 2010
Healthcare: Local and Global Perspectives
On Friday night, we will open the festival with a discussion on the
healthcare system, touching on both local and global aspects of this complex
and timely issue.  The UCIMC has close ties the Gesundheit! Institute (
http://www.patchadams.org/), a non-profit organization founded by Patch
Adams in 1972.  Several IMC members work closely with the project and we now
have an AmeriCorps serving at the UCIMC who is working directly with Patch
and Gesundheit!  Don't miss the opportunity to view global healthcare
systems from a new perspective:

"Clownin' in Kabul" (Directors Enzo Balestrieri & Stefano Moser, 2002) will
show from 6:00pm - 6:55pm

"Salud" (Connie Field, 2006) will show from 7:00pm - 8:33

>From 8:33 -9:15 join our discussion on healthcare and learn more about what
the Gesundheit! Institute is doing in our community.

CU on Film & Behind the Lens: Locally produced Films

9:15-9:33 "Celeste Above" (Johnny Robinson, 2009)
A dramatic short film, shot here in CU by local artist and filmmaker Johnny
Robinson.

9:35-9:45 "On Seeking Levity" (David Witzling, 2009)
Short scene from daily life. Learn more about the director at:
http://www.frametheweb.com/index.html

9:45-10:00pm Exclusive footage from Burma from IMC member Danielle Chynoweth

10:01 – 10:22 “A Series of Exchanges” Justin Jach, 2009
This documentary on Brazilian street graffiti, was shot by then-UIUC student
Justin Jach.

10:23 – 10:25 “Te Verde,” performed by Guia Rivera, Directed by Greg Spero,
2009.
“Te Verde" blends cultures and talents, showcasing Guia Rivera’s Spanish
lyrics paired with a tea ceremony at the Japan House at UIUC.

10:30-12 “The Show” LIVE at the UCIMC with host Ray Morales and special
guest emcees: blink tha boss, Rob Killa and jay moses performing a
round-robbin, freestyle-like, exchange.
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.