[Peace] Is Iran Remaking its History? A Panel Discussion on Feb 13, from 2-4

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Tue Feb 9 18:34:59 CST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Dear Friends,

The current political, social and even economic atmosphere in Iran
seems to parallel that of the pre-revolution period 31 years ago. The
question arises as we come up on the Feb 11th, the anniversary of the
Islamic Revolution, whether people are following a path that leads to
the same end. This seems to be a good opportunity for an academic
discussion on the similarities and differences between the two social
movements.

To hear what experts say we are going to hold a panel discussion
sponsored by CSAMES (South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies) to
discuss "Similarities and Differences between Iranian Green Movement
and Islamic Revolution of 1979". The time and place are as follows:
Time: Saturday Feb 13th, 2-4 pm
Location: Room 314, Altgeld Hall

This will be a great opportunity to keep ourselves updated about what
is going on in Iran  and to come up with a rational analysis of the
whole crisis from the starting point to where we stand now and,
hopefully, future directions.

Best Regards,
Organizers

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Change.org: End the war in Afghanistan
Timeline for Withdrawal and Political Negotiations
http://www.change.org/ideas/view/end_the_war_in_afghanistan_establish_a_timeline_for_withdrawal_and_begin_political_negotiations

believed to be clean.