[Peace] Fw: Panel Discussion Sat. Feb. 13

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 14:05:10 CST 2010

Received at aware at anti-war.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Persian Cultural Association" <pca.uiuc at gmail.com>
To: "AWARE" <aware at anti-war.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:48 PM
Subject: Panel Discussion Sat. Feb. 13

: Hello,
:
: We are cosponsoring a panel talk titled "Similarities and Differences
: between Iranian Green Movement and the Islamic Revolution of 1979" this
: Saturday in rom 314 of Altgeld hall. There will be 4 speakers, including
two
: professor from the U of I. I've copied the details below. We'd
appreciate it
: if you could send this to your group.
:
: Thank you,
:
: Mohammad Sahrapour
: Persian Cultural Association
:
:
:
: The current political and socio-economic situation  in Iran seems to
: parallel that of the pre-revolution period 31 years ago. The question
arises
: as we come up on Feb 11th, the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution,
: whether people are following a path that leads to the same end. This
seems
: to be a good opportunity for an academic discussion on the similarities
and
: differences between the two social movements.
:
: We would like to invite you to join us for a panel discussion followed
by a
: Q&A sponsored by PCA (Persian Cultural Association) and CSAMES (South
Asian
: and Middle Eastern Studies) on *"Similarities and Differences between
: Iranian Green Movement and the Islamic Revolution of 1979"*. The details
are
: as follows:
:
: *
: *
:
: *Panelists*:
:
:    - Dr H. Salehi Esfahani, Department of Economics and Director of
CSAMES,
:    University of Illinois
:    - Dr B. Ghamari, Department of History, University of Illinois
:    - Dr. M. Mirhosseini, Department of Economics, Northern Illinois
:    University
:    - Robert Naiman, Policy Director, Just Foreign Policy
:
: *Time:* Saturday Feb 13th, 2-4 pm
: *Location:* Room 314, Altgeld Hall
: This event provides a great opportunity to keep ourselves updated about
what
: is going on in Iran and exchange views and opinions about the crisis
from
: the starting point to where we stand now. This hopefully, help us to
come up
: with fair analysis for future directions.
:
: --
: This message has been scanned for viruses and
: dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
: believed to be clean.
:
:

believed to be clean.