[Peace] 7:30 tonight (Mon)! -- Above the Law: Police Shootings in Our Streets -- Putting the UNITY back into CommUNITY

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 15 12:39:17 CST 2010

[via Regina Pritchett]

When: 7:30pm-8:30pm Tonight, Monday, Feb. 15th
Where: La Casa Cultural Latina, 1203 W. Nevada, Urbana
What:

   STAND UP AND SPEAK OUT

   The Truth about Kiwane Carrington and Jeshaun Manning

   We will be holding a Truth and Reconciliation Council
   to discuss the killing of 15 year old Kiwane Carrington
   by a Champaign police officer, as well as the charges against
   Jeshaun Manning who will appear in court on the 17th of February.

   Come learn about what happened and then give your input on a document
   that will be compiled and delivered to our City officials expressing
   how we as a commUNITY want to be policed.  You don't need to know
   anything about the case to participate.  You just need to care enough to come out.
   Let's put the UNITY back in CommUNITY!

believed to be clean.